Current opportunities with North Vancouver Minor Hockey
Goalie Development Lead
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com; cover letters should address the Competencies and Qualifications for the position as outlined below.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Open until filled
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Goalie Development Lead is responsible for providing leadership and support to North Vancouver Minor Hockey Association (NVMHA) in all areas of goaltender development. This role will work closely with the Director of Hockey Operations in enabling NVMHA to offer best-in-class competitive and recreational goalie development programs that bring forward the widest possible funnel of athletes and focuses them in a common direction. The Goalie Development Lead will focus on overall goalie development, improving the way our goalies are utilized during ice times, and enhancing the overall hockey experience.
The successful candidate for this position will have a passion for coaching and on-ice skill development. The Goalie Development Lead will act in a professional manner in all activities representing NVMHA, support and follow NVMHA policies, procedures, and guidelines, and set a positive example for all NVMHA players and members.
This role is expected to average 8-10 hours per week; the schedule will vary weekly and seasonally, based on a typical hockey season. Early mornings, weekends, and evening hours are expected.
The Goalie Development Lead works under the direct supervision of the Director of Hockey Operations and reports to the Board of Directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Goalie Development Lead will assist the Director of Hockey Operations in providing leadership and support for the NVMHA Hockey Development Program in the following areas:
- Implement and oversee on-ice goalie development in season:
- U6 to U9 practices and goalie clinics
- House (C) team practices and goalie clinics
- Rep team practices and goalie clinics
- Specialized goalie clinics for all ages
- Develop goalie training plans and assist with skills programming under the guidance of the Director of Hockey Operations and in alignment with NVMHA’s development philosophy.
- Support on-ice sessions as needed throughout the season.
- Assist with the development of yearly training plans in alignment with NVMHA’s development philosophy.
- Provide mentorship activities for coaches.
- Assist with coach seminars and professional development activities.
Player Evaluation and Team Selection
- Assist with developing individual goalie profiles.
- Assist with goalie skills testing and evaluations.
- Support on-ice sessions during rep tryout phase as needed.
Pre-Season Hockey Camp
- Support on-ice sessions during pre-season hockey camps
- Correspond with players, parents, coaches, and volunteers.
- Help ensure online goalie resources are available to players, parents, and coaches.
- Perform other duties in alignment with this position as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of minor hockey and goaltender development
- A solid track record of coaching, motivating, and developing goalies of all ages.
- Ability to mentor and work with coaches of all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with NVMHA members and the public, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful high-performance coaching experience, as well as extensive experience in a hockey school or goalie development program
- Current coaching certifications
Compensation will be determined based on experience, qualifications, and number of on-ice hours per week.