The season starts in mid-September and ends in late February. There is a Christmas break following the school calendar.
- Sept- mid Oct: Pre-season exhibition/balancing games. Teams are set by Nov 1.
- Oct- end of Jan: Regular Season (approx 13 weeks)
- Feb- March: Playoffs (approx 5 weeks) usually completed by Spring Break.
Registration for usually beings mid-April or early May, via an on-line registration system.
We only accept on-line registrations.
You must submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following: new player registration form, player birth certificate and two items that prove residence in North Vancouver at the address provided (this can be copies of utility bills, tax statements, bank statements, car insurance and driver’s license).
We will contact you when space is available in your division based on the date and time of registration. The earliest registration on the waitlist gets the first chance at an available spot. Generally, space opens up at some age groups in late August or September. Available spots will be offered via email with a one week window for response.
Requests for ice times cannot always be accommodated to ensure balancing of teams.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate friend requests. Over the years, minor hockey is very much about making new friends and becoming a part of new teams, so don’t get too attached to one buddy you want to play with.
99% of all jobs done at NVMHA are done by volunteers, so we need you!! We need the parents of our players to get involved whenever/however they can. You can select a volunteer role during the on-line registration process. Some options are the following:
- All teams will have specific volunteer roles for each player’s parent (ex: treasurer, jersey parent, scorekeep/timekeep, social coordinator, etc
- Each team will need coaches/ assistant coaches, managers and Hockey Canada Safety Person (HCSP) referred as Team Officials.
- We always need volunteers at the association level for Special events. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator for more information email@example.com
- There is always a role for everyone J
If your question is about registration email firstname.lastname@example.org