NVMHA is pleased to offer scholarships for our graduating players. Please download the packages below for more information and to apply.
- North Vancouver Minor Hockey Association (NVMHA) awards a variety of scholarships annually to U18 and/or U21 players who apply and are selected as best meeting the combined qualifications set out
- must have played a minimum of two (2) years in the North Vancouver Minor Hockey Association
- the last two years of Minor Hockey play must have been with the NVMHA
- in grade 12, or finished high school
- C or better GPA
- Utilization of Scholarships - Players in high school will have two years after graduation to utilize Players who are finished high school will have two years to utilize a scholarship. (Upon receipt of a written request from a scholarship winner, the NVMHA Scholarship Committee can grant an extension to the two-year limitation). Scholarship funds must be used for tuition at a post-secondary educational institution or approved apprenticeship training course. Should the scholarship amount be greater than one year’s tuition, the remainder may be applied towards a second year’s tuition.
An individual may receive only one award in a playing season and can apply and win a scholarship in any subsequent year of eligibility.
- Scholarship awards:
NVMHA Scholarships are awarded annually as follows:
U18 Rep – 1x $1000; U18 House – 1x $1000
U21 Rep – 1x $1000; U21 House – 1x $1000
NVMHA Life Member Scholarship Awards are awarded annually as follows:
Up to 5 scholarships in amounts up to $900 each
- Qualification criteria:
- Academic achievement.
- School and community participation and
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and good character
- How to Apply – All applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form (available from the NVMHA website). In addition, the following must accompany the application:
- Letter from a community member, teacher, or coach attesting to leadership and community service qualities.
- Cover letter outlining qualifications.
- Copy of most recent school report card
- Copy of transcript of high school grades
- Selection - Applications will be reviewed by the NVMHA Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee is made up of Life Members who review applications and recommend awards. Winners will be notified in April.
- Presentation: formal presentations will be made at the NVMHA Annual General Meeting in May of each year.
- Deadline for Submission - Application forms and supporting documentation must be received at the NVMHA Office no later than April 4.
There are three ways to submit your application::
- Mail: NVMHA c/o Rob Duffy, NVMHA Scholarship Committee, 2411 Mount Seymour Parkway. North Vancouver BC V7H 2Y9
- Drop Off: NVMHA mailbox located at ice level at Ice Sports North Shore
- Email: all forms and supporting documents in one pdf file to email@example.com.
- All applications become the property of the NVMHA Scholarship
NVMHA Scholarship Committee Chair Rob Duffy email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.nvmha.com