NVMHA Registration timeline
April 1 - registration opens for returning players
May 1 - registration opens for new players
June 30 - final reminder to returning players
Click Here for more information on Divisions and Age Groups
New Players must submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the registration
- the new player registration form
- a copy of your player's birth certificate and
- two proofs of residence showing your name and address in North Vancouver
Players transferring from another hockey association must also submit the PCAHA Application for Player Movement Form
Additional forms may be required for players who are not born in Canada, not Canadian citizens or transferring from a hockey association outside of Canada. The registrar will contact you with instructions
Players who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents (such as international students) may register to play C hockey only and are not eligible for rep tryouts or affiliation with rep teams.
Fees, Deadlines, Payments Options, and Refund Information
|Program||Detail||Fees||Rep Tryout Fee||Rep Tryout - A1||Rep Carding Fees***|
|Additional Fee||Rep Player|
|~Half Season, Sept-Dec||$320||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|U7, U8, U9||Full Season||$740||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|~Half Season, Sept-Dec||$490||n/a||n/a||n/a|
*** Applies only to players who are rostered on an U11 - U18 Rep Team
Due to COVID19, fee payments for the 2020-21 season payments will be made in four installments. The first installment is a refundable $200 deposit due June 15 or at the time of registration. Subsequent payments will be due August 1, September 1 and October 1.
Registrants have two (2) options to pay:
- Online: Pay by credit card. Note: These payments are subject to a 2.79% credit card + $0.99 processing fee charged by Team Snap.
- By cheque/cash: Make cheques payable to NVMHA - note the player’s name(s) and division. You can mail to/drop off at 2865 Lyndene Rd, North Vancouver V7R 1E2.
NVMHA believes that every kid who wants to play hockey should have the opportunity regardless of financial situation. We can offer flexible payment schedules to suit your financial situation. Please contact the registrar to discuss payment options.
In addition, financial assistance grants may be available to those who qualify from:
If you are applying to these or other organizations for financial assistance please choose the cheque payment options and notify the registrar.
All requests for registration, pre-try out clinic, rep tryout or other fee refunds must be made via the Player Withdrawal and Refund Form
There are no refunds for skill development sessions - please contact email@example.com to reschedule.
Refunds will be processed as follows:
- There is a $25 administration fee for all Rep Tryout refunds until July 31. After July 31 there are no refunds on Rep Tryout fees.
- There is a $25 admin fee for all Pre-Tryout Clinic refunds until July 31. After July 31 there are no refunds on Pre-Tryout Clinic fees.
Registration Fee Refunds
- Registration fee refunds requested by August 15th will be given a full refund less a $10.00 Administration Fee*.
- Registration fee refunds requested after August 15th and before October 1st will be given a 66% refund less a $10.00 Administration Fee*.
- Registration fee refunds requested after October 1st and before November 15th will be given a 33% refund less a $10.00 Administration Fee*.
- No refunds will be issued after November 15th unless approved by the Treasurer.
- All refunds will be issued via cheque and mailed to the address provided on the Player Withdrawal and Refund Refund cheques requests are submitted each Friday. Cheques can take up to three weeks to be mailed. from Friday of the week the request was made.
- Refunds for withdrawals from the Playing Season due to extenuating circumstances (e.g. unforeseen health-related circumstances, relocation, etc.) may be considered upon submission of appropriate documentation to the Registrar:
- Player’s name, division, and team
- Date of last game played or practice attended
- Nature of the extenuating circumstance and the expected date of return to play (where applicable)
- For unforeseen health-related circumstances, a note from a medical professional supporting the nature of the health-related circumstance and the expected date of return to play (where applicable)
- For other extenuating circumstances, additional supporting documentation may be requested
* Note: Due to Covid-19, a Confirmation Deposit was not collected for the 2020-2021 Playing Season; for 2020-2021 a nominal Administration Fee will be charged instead of the Confirmation Deposit.
Rep Team Fees
Carding Fees for U11 to U18 Rep Teams
Carding fees are paid directly to the team manager. The fees cover the following costs:
- extra ice
- more expensive home game ice during prime time
- additional referee fees
- gym strip every second year
- rep socks every second year
- newer and better quality uniforms,
- additional team pucks,
- additional team skills
Professional Coaches Fees - Rep Teams
The professional Coach program was implemented in 2008 to attract higher quality coaching for NVMHA Rep teams. Rep team parents will share the costs of the professional coach and pay the fee directly to the team manager.
Rep Team Fees - additional fees may be levied to cover tournaments, dryland training, skill development and other costs as determined by individual teams.